Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our small freedom loving peaceful democratic nation has been confronted with extremism


I just returned yesterday from India and looking out of the window of the plane I was happy to be back to this peaceful, calm and serene land and that would be the feeling for anybody who touches this land. But today just after 24 hours all this has changed – our government institutions have been targeted, 84 of our young people are brutally massacred and the devastated survivors saw their friends being killed,  took cover under the fallen bodies to save themselves,  jumped into the cold waters to swim away, the screams and the cries and the helplessness..... All this is too much to come to terms with. We are in grief and tears and we are shocked. 

9 comments:

  1. Dear Shanthi, This is a sad day for you and other peace loving Norwegians. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is exactly what we were discussing this morning. such a peaceful country and broad minded peace loving people, how could anybody do such things to them.
    hard time indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you and Norway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shanthi I'm so sorry to hear this. I just woke and checked the news, it's so sad. I don't understand what people get out of this.

    I can totally understand how you must be feeling, I hope your country heals soon....

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is very sad and shocking.Is there an unease about immigration and how are Indians faring in Norway? Is this incident a tip of the iceberg?
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so sad...I m very sorry to hear this. my heart goes out to you and all Norwegians.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Norway was the only country which was always peaceful. And now we hear this. I guess no country is now 100% safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so sad! Yes, even country like Norway is not safe now! My heart goes out to you and all Norwegians!
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really... sorry I didnt know.. This is so so sad... Simply unbelievable.. I'll pray for all those affected directly or indirectly to be strong.. My thoughts with you.. Hope you are doing well now.. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete